News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

'Undefined index' message

Started by antsco, 29.12.2018 17:53:19

Previous topic - Next topic

antsco

Hi I just installed the latest version of JDownloads on J3.9 and I got this message:
Undefined index
Quote: "Notice: Undefined index: old.jd.release.found in D:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\administrator\components\com_jdownloads\views\jdownloads\tmpl\default.php on line 52"

I did a migration from J1.5.26 where I had JDownloads installed and I think the old component was migrated as well somehow. How can I upgrade to the newest release so that those legacy links won't appear any longer and not cause those messages to appear?

The Joomla! Release version!J3.9
- The used jDownloads version!3.2.63
- System Information: PHP 7.2.6, MySQL mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $
-  site is on Localhost/XAMPP, - Make sure, that you have deactivated all Cache and Compress options in the Joomla configuration and template settings.: OK
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There have been some database changes since the much earlier versions.  See you had another topic on the Upload path.Could you advise how many categories/Downloads you have.  And was there much 'added info' in the downloads?
Also did you follow the http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/migration-to-jd3-2-series documentation?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

antsco

Hi again Colin,
I have checked the earlier version on Joomla that I still have running on another XAMPP server and I realized that before migrating to J3x I had unistalled JD so right now I do not even know what the latest release of JD I had installed was. I would say that it was prior than 2011.... As for the the categories that I have, we're talking about 12 categories, some 37 files. As for the added info, some text mainly.

I didn't follow those guidelines you mention. I did what the Joomla 1.5 to 3x migration guide suggested, to unistall all the old extensions before the migration. I thought that was enough with the idea of reinstalling the newest release once J3.x was in place (which of course meant reconstructing the categories by hand....)
Looking at the J1.5 database I can see that there still old JD tables there. So the unistall procedure didn't actually deleted them and I migrated those tables in J3x. ....hum...what if I unistall the latest JD in J3.9, delete any tables still existing and reinstall JD3.2 again? Can this sort the problem out?
Any help appreciated
  •  

antsco

Hi, eventually I did what I was saying in my last post and unistalled both JD and all the DB tables All seems to work fine now. ...I have to recreate the categories etc. But that's ok.
Cheers
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad it was OK. 
Actually I was asking about the number of cats etc as if it is a small number my advice is generally to recreate!The earlier versions of jD did not properly ienvisage major Joomla! changes!!! :(   But now is much better.  Actually we hope to announce jD 3.9 seies very soon as it is about to go into beta test - please let me know if you would like to assist in testing out as you are obviously knowledgeable.
Happy New YearColin

Colin M
  •