News:

Dear forum visitors, unfortunately unexpected problems have been occurring since the last forum update. The forum can then no longer be accessed as basic files are deleted. We are now trying to find out how this happens. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sorting frontend categories - JD3.2.63

Started by ciklon, 18.12.2018 23:59:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ciklon

Hello,
Again and in this version, the same bug with sorting alphabetically appeared. Ie. categories are not sorted alphabetically by default, as chosen by the administration. How can the issue be solved?

-Joomla 3.9.1
-Database Version 5.5.5-10.1.37-MariaDB
-PHP Version 7.0.33-0
-jDownloads 3.2.63

Thanks

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Okay. But it seems to be the sub categories from a viewed category. I will check this again. But I'm wondering about it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The selectable Sort on the Front End is for files that is Downloads, not Categories.  The text could be improved to make it clearer.The Category order is set in Config - Front End tab field 'Categories default sort order'.
However If the view is both categories and Downloads it does not seem to sort the categories correctlyColin
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

CollinM,
I use JD from version 1.9.x and this alphabetical sorting issue appears periodically in different versions of 3.2.x.
My category and file sorting settings have always been the same since 1.9.x

Best Regards

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes sorting issues do seem to 're-occur' periodically! :(   There is presently a question about sorting categories in the backend using the up/down arrows in 'sort order'. Think this has been part of the problem.  Joomla! had lots of 'challenges' with this in menu items ordering. It is presently removed from the pre-beta version of the forthcoming jD 3.9 series - we expect to go to beta testing in the New Year.Colin
PS we are looking for people to help test.  Any chance?
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi ColinM,
I apologize for the delayed response, but i was impeded.
Regarding your question about testing the component, if you wish I can test it on a copy of my site with "The download archive currently contains 34,952 downloads in 1,998 categories." and / or pure Joomla. That's what I can do when I have free time and opportunity.

On the topic: There is also a bug in the "Category list box"
Categories are sorted alphabetically, but referral to some categories is wrong
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That would be very helpful. Presently there is a note on the jD Home page
Quote" Within the next week or so we will be seeking volunteers to test the new series before general release. Interested Joomla users should create a jDownloads forum account, or use their existing jDownloads forum account, and send a short PM (Private Message) addressed to the administrator 'Arno' and with a subject title like 'test jD3.9'."
So maybe you could send a PM to Arno
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@ ciklon:
QuoteCategories are sorted alphabetically, but referral to some categories is wrong
What exactly do you mean? Exist this categories not really? Or wrong access or view settings or what else?

Edit:
excuse me but we are only a very small team so we have at this moment not the time to solve your sorting order problem. The new series 3.9 shall be published very soon and we need all our power to get it ready fast. In this version should also be the sorting order problem solved. I hope for your understanding.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ciklon

@Arno,
Your component is very good, you do a great job and I understand it is difficult. I write topic when I notice some bugs with hope in the future when it is possible that these bugs can be corrected.

Best Regards
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •