News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Public User Group is not able to Download

Started by RobH, 12.12.2018 16:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

RobH

I have setup a Parent Directory with Access for Public and within this Parent Directory I have a number of Categories. I want downloads in these categories to be downloadable by anonymous (Public) visitors. I have set the access rights to Public and also explicitly added "Allowed" for the Public group to Download downloads in thopse categories.

When accessing any of the Categories (which can be seen!!) via the frontend as an Anonymous user (without logging in to the site) I see that all content in that specific category can only be downloaded by registered or logged in users. But I explicitly told JDownloads that content in that category could be downloaded by the Public Group...

Help, how to change that and make content in those categories downloadable by Anonymous users???
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Access determines what you can see.  But not what you can do!!You need to go to the top level category, in backend, and click on permissions.  Then select the Public Group.  Set the Download permission to Allowed and the Save & Close.  This should set all the Download permission for the Public UG in every subcategory and their Downloads.  If you look at the permissions of the public UG for one of them then it should be Allowed (inherited).
I presume you have not set Deny permisssion anywhere as it has unexpectected effects through iheritance and it cannot be overridden.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

RobH

Thanks Colin. I have these settings in the categories and still the public group is not allowed to download items in these categories. It still says only registered users are allowed to download in the front end.

Still puzzled!
  •  

Arno

You should for the public user group use the 'Advanced Permission Report'. See pic. Click in the top on the toolbar on the search tools and select as component jDownloads. Then you can check which items are really downloadable. 

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

RobH

Thanks Arno, my settings reveal exactly the same as what you have included in the picture. Download for the categories under the Public parent are allowed.

It becomes an even bigger mystery for me...
  •  

Arno

Okay. Can it be that you have the corresponding menu item assigned to a not public user group?  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

RobH

Arno, can you please elaborate on your remark? I don't get it. What exactly do you mean?
  •  

Arno

You should have one (or more) menu items which goes to the Downloads Area. Please check for this menu items the selected access level.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

RobH

Ah, understand.  No,  I don't have any menu items. I only use Jdownload in Joomla articles. The content from Jdownload is linked there inside an article.

Access to the articles is granted to Public UG. Public UG does not have any rights on the article, edit and remove are inherently not allowed.
  •  

Arno

Maybe can you send Colin a PM with the login data for your backend? Then he could check it self. It must be a misconfiguration.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Could you solve this issue in the meantime?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

RobH

Hi Arno, no I have not been able to solve this issue. I will take your suggestion and PM Colin. Hopefully he is able to find a solution here. Thanks for all your efforts!
  •  

RobH

Did send Colin a PM yesterday, replying to a PM from him, but the sent e-mail item does not show up in my Sent Messages. Please Colin, can you confirm, that you have received a PM from me with the super user credentials for my site?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have had a quick look but have not yet found anything!!
More tommorrow
Colin
Colin M
  •