News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Various Links, difference in Universal Ajax Search Module

Started by amir00251, 11.12.2018 10:36:01

Previous topic - Next topic

amir00251

Hi,

I still have a problem with the actual link of the files.

When I access a file by navigating category, for instance, I get https://domain/resources/worksheets/send/4-gcse/9-compound-interest-gcse-worksheet

which is fine. However, if someone searches this on Universal Search Module, by clicking the link for the same download is

ttps://domain/component/jdownloads/send/4-gcse/9-compound-interest-gcse-worksheet which is less SEO friendly.

I appreciate help on this to unify the links.

Thank you.
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
The difference in the search result links is the way the search engine works. It seems to work by following the component.  jD uses the menu links, which is why a 'list all categories menu item is required.So there is little advice I can offer in regard to the Universal Search Module.  Also as it isa paid item I cannot test it out!

Note in the next few moths jD will support the Joomla! 'modern' style links so that the category and download ids do not appear ( in your link then the 4- and 9- would no longer appear.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

amir00251

Thanks Colin, I am really looking forward to this upgrade.
  •