News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Failed to read the file

Started by sparadrus, 29.11.2018 18:41:48

Previous topic - Next topic

sparadrus

Hi,
An user have upload a corrupt pdf (one page is broken) . I have the feeling that Jdownload/imagick continue at process this file to create thumbnail.
I can upload new files without issues;
I search to delete this temporary file, but i can't find him.
When a file is submit since frontend, and imagick/gd process to create thumbnail, where this file is stocked?
Thanks !
Best Regards,
Philippe

This is errors in Jdownload Control Panel (and screen capture in attachment) :

Une erreur s'est produite

1 Failed to read the file   
/var/www/html/intranet/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php:1141
Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php:1141
2   Imagick->__construct()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php:1141
3   JDownloadsHelper::create_new_pdf_thumb()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php:2481
4   JDownloadsHelper::runMonitoring()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/views/jdownloads/tmpl/default.php:206
5   include()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:695
6   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:230
7   Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/views/jdownloads/view.html.php:35
8   jdownloadsViewjdownloads->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
9   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/controller.php:44
10   jdownloadsController->display()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
11   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()   JROOT/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/jdownloads.php:39
12   require_once()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:382
13   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:357
14   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101
15   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159
16   Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:303
17   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi

The images are stored in <joomla-root>/images/jdownloads/screenshots  and
the thumbnails are in<joomla-root>/images/jdownloads/screenshots/thumbnails - but do not delete directly from those locations!!!
Information as to which image(s) is used in a Download is stored in the database.  If you just delete the image directly then you will get a problem because now jD has conflicting information
So to recover it would be best to delete the image by accessing the Download in the backend and then in the images tab to deselect the faulty image.  You could also of course change the file. Or just delete the Download and do it again!!Colin
Colin M
  •  

sparadrus

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Before i post my topic, I have deleted the file, and clean the visualisation directory.
I can uplod new file, but the summary layout of jdownload backend is always broken, and i have the same error (Read the file)
The behavior is like Jdownload inscpector process again to read the file in cache..? So strange.
All entry in DB and file from server are ok... Imagick or GD have cache? I have still reboot the server :)
I have no idea...

Thanks for your help,
Regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Fairly sure this is DB problem caused by deleting the img file directly.
Think you should delete the offending Download but check that you have field "Delete images from deleted Downloads? " in Config - Monitoring tab set to Yes.
It the Summary layout failing with evedry Download or only the 'troublesome' one?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

sparadrus

Hi,
The layout broke every time i return in control panel of jdownload with the same message Failed to read the file.
Option to delete picture and prev is enable in "Téléchargements" tab.
I don't understand. :/
I have test to drop a new file on ftp for relauch monitoring, it have succesful generate thumbnail but the summary is carry broken.
The last test i can do is apply update in pre-production..
wait and see :)

Thanks
  •  

ColinM

OK will await developments!!
But unclear to me if Summary is faulty on ALL Downloads or just the 'troublesome' one
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

When you know which file caused the problem you should delete it manually via ftp. You could also deactivate the auto monitoring so that the page is not more broken.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •