News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Discuss about SEO / Macht SEO Sinn?

Started by lukass2000, 21.11.2009 18:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtoAsadurian

Do a self-study...everything you want to learn about SEO is just a click away...

I started from zero knowledge, I began my research last February for about a couple of hours a day.  With perseverance and enthusiasm I had the full knowledge on SEO but ofcourse, what you learned today may not be applicable tomorrow so you better do your research for the latest updates everynow and then so you can catch up with the evolution.  Hope this helps.

sangkudebt

SEO ....

http://www.oddpross.com  ;D

•  

javadth

i think joomla must be have fileds for seo meta tags
  •  

hmpromotion

SEO is a part of marketing that deals with the positioning of web pages in search engine for specific keyword.
  •  

vbatechnologies

Just keeping a straight forward website with only the necessary content and the correct amount of keywords and correct description and listing the site to places where it is a must to be listed would go a long way in getting a great rank.

swounk

Very detailed description in the beginning of this tread.
#12 Google can not read java script. How to avoid it?
  •  

seosupervas22

What a great topic.. I know a lot about SEO.. If you are looking for SEO provider you can contact me here. or better yet you can check this website: http://hireSEOva.com
  •  

dallasfbn

I agree with OP, I too didn't know anything about SEO. I have a small bounce house rental business, and I have managed to get my websites at the top of google and the phones have started to ring like never before.

I use to pay someone $325 a month, and I have no clue what they did. Now I save $325 a month, and am very satisfied with what I have learned and done.

Best of luck to all.
  •  

strawman25

Graywlf pretty much nailed the basics on the previous page regarding SEO.

Dallasfbn, our company made the same mistake of hiring an "SEO firm" for a multi-thousand dollar contract last year.  Needless to say, after months of meandering keyword-laced articles, a few H1 / H2 modified tags, and several conference calls assuring us it would take lots of time but we'd surely "get there", we continued to sink in Google like a mighty big rock.  After educating ourselves to the basics, and keeping up with changes a few hours per week, we're doing much better and saving a lot in the process.  There truly is a lot of misinformation (and SEO con-men) floating around out there.

Strawman

Arno

QuoteThere truly is a lot of misinformation (and SEO con-men) floating around out there.
Exactly. Thanks that you share here your experiences.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

strawman25

QuoteExactly. Thanks that you share here your experiences.

You're welcome Arno.  Hopefully others will take heed!

wnye

Always concentrate on producing good quality content and a site that is easy to navigate for both web crawlers and people alike. Backlinks should be the last consideration not the first.

JimGrahm

Seo is an excellent topic and area that I really need to learn more about. I think at some point, I will need a better education in this field to make it all work, for me     :)
  •  

podge02

Also if you use images make sure you give them a description. Google bots can't read the image but can read the text so make sure it is relevant to the image and include your keyword in the description.
  •  

shopgirl2012

Quote from: ArtoAsadurian on 28.08.2012 08:14:32
Do a self-study...everything you want to learn about SEO is just a click away...

I started from zero knowledge, I began my research last February for about a couple of hours a day.  With perseverance and enthusiasm I had the full knowledge on SEO but ofcourse, what you learned today may not be applicable tomorrow so you better do your research for the latest updates everynow and then so you can catch up with the evolution.  Hope this helps.

yup I aggree. SEO is just a click away. SEO nowadays is different from yesterdays. quality content is really what SE wants.