News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Discuss about SEO / Macht SEO Sinn?

Started by lukass2000, 21.11.2009 18:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

lqueen

@Graywlf almost covered everything what is required for a successful SEO. I think he missed linking and anchor text.
  •  

JulieWatson31

Have you found changing title tags after ranks drops effective or not as well as the meta?

Thanks

tac8811

The single biggest ranking factor is exact match keyword domains and authority back links  and goes with out saying your on page SEO and of course quality content.
I have 7 sites on 1 st page of Google and in big Niches one is weight loss . Then they are their one day and gone the next! I hate Google they are out to take over the world and have all the information on us to do it.
Go after easy to rank for keywords first buy using the Google keyword tool but make sure your main keyword is in your domain!

To the dude that copied the book up there from Google, Not in the real world and Google will never tell you the truth about how to rank ! That you can take to the bank.
There is a new game in town and it's called negative SEO. In other words after Googles latest updates Panda & Penguin now you can backlink your compaction with *** or whatever (considered bad neighborhoods by Google) to Death were you couldn't find their site if you wanted to.     

I hope this helps you guys.
  •  

wavenbake

I heard meta tags arnt really affective thesedays since the panda update came in, anybody know if this is the case?
  •  

kjohn2328

"Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural," or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic"), search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search,[1] news search and industry-specific vertical search engines" (I copied from Wiki, I think it will help newbie)
Ten basic Elements for Google Friendly Website, Newbies should know :  ;D
1. Index-able and Keyword-rich URL
2. A reliable web hosting
3. Keyword-rich title and heading tags
4. Alt tag on images
5. Proper structured internal linking
6. Inbound links
7. XML sitemap
8. WWW/non-WWW Canonical Issue
9. Robots.txt
10. Content is king
Check out my Video trip from Youtube :flash mob hot girl
  •  

tanjahaeussler

Hallo alle miteinander,
ich bin neu hier im Forum und bin über dieses Thema gestolpert, weil es bei mir gerade aktuell ist. Ich denke, SEO macht schon Sinn, aber die Onpage- Optimierung wird überbewertet. Viel wichtiger sind meiner Meinung nach optimierter, aber hochwertiger Content, die Social- Media- Links, v.a. Google Plus und Facebook, und hochwertige Backlinks. Ich bin da gerade am ausprobieren, mal schauen, ob ich Erfolg habe. Ich lass es euch wissen. ;)
LG Tanja
  •  

excelenthq45

That is great information for SEO, it's always helpful to find someone with solid step by step instructions. 

Thanks!
  •  

Richard

I am also new to the SEO world. I have found a ton of information on the subject but with Google?s Panda and Penguins its going to be hard work. You have to be careful to what you are doing I found a great article that is helping me a lot.

http://www.adam-thompson.co.uk/2012/03/seo-keys-to-success-in-2012.htm

pounder

I could possibly help but I'm not to fluent in German!
If you could restate in English that would be a lot better.
  •  

darrenb2510

There is so much rubbish talked about SEO, particularly post penguin and Panda. I strongly suggest you go to SEOMoz or SearchEngineLand. These are probably 2 of the best websites for SEO.

hazeljones71

Hello,

I would like to ask the difference between Link exchange request from guest blog posting request?

I hope anyone who has the idea could share it here.

Thanks,
Hazel
  •  

guinnysundae

Hello. I think there difference is that link exchange request is that you will exchange link to the website and you will the same to the website while the guest posting is you will have to ask permission to post your article to to the website/blog.
I hope this finds you well.

•  

shanoto

Quote from: ep98 on 04.01.2010 12:21:21
they talk about the missing SEF url support in current 1.5.1 RC :) also Arno looking for people understanding Joomla and SEF to make next RC or Final with SEF support.

Thanks. I was going to ask the same but then i saw that u have made a good translate of the text above. The deutch is not easy language as i know but i will go to class for beginners. Hope will write next time on deutch:)

To guinnysundae - Yep, you got right buddy. That is the difference with a little exeptions i guess.
Just a man with his insane ideas. Proud member of XYZ team about creatine monohydrate research.
  •  

Stevey-a

Don't forget that your social media sites (Facebook, Twitter etc) all add up to your SEO as Google likes to see interaction and they class them as 'Backlink'@.
  •  

sangkudebt

It should be great on http://www.oddpros.com/ to see what you need on Soccer Betting.  :o
  •