News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Edit download link in content plugin

Started by jjoosse, 27.11.2018 21:44:20

Previous topic - Next topic

jjoosse

Hello,

On a joomla site which I maintain, I have an article in which a jdownloads category is shown. I do this using the content plugin:
{jd_file onlinelayout==Simple File List}{jd_file category==2}

I have given a group of users rights to edit these downloads in order to upload new files. This works on the normal category display, but in the article page the edit button is missing.

I've changed plugins/content/jdownloads/jdownloads.php  to show an edit button if the user has the rights to edit the download.

Patch and changed file are attached.  Patch is based on the latest version: 3.2.63.

Regards,

Jan Kees Joosse

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This very useful -thank you. And of course it works as it should.Will advise Arno about this suggestion/upgrade.  As we are presently working on the next major jD seies (v3.9) and anticipate a beta release soon I expect your enhancement will go into that version.  Not expecting another jD3.2 version.Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •