News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloaded 0 Bytes

Started by debugger, 20.11.2018 05:41:19

Previous topic - Next topic

debugger

Hi,

I used another server for dl.mysite.com
Site works well before use CDN
After that, when click to dowload, downloaded 0 Bytes(See Atachment)
Turn off CDN, But downloaded 0 Bytes
changed DNS to primary, But downloaded 0 Bytes
Recover to last backup, But downloaded 0 Bytes

I play by
config>Downloads> "Activate direct-downloading? " & "Send Downloads using the PHP Script? "
config>Security>"Protect your Download-directory?" & "Activate Hotlinking protection? "

But the result was not

In my cpanel i used from "A Record" for dl.mysite.com
all files in dl.mysite.com is ok and i can download that

Best Regards

Joomla! 3.9.0
jDownloads 3.2.63
Cpanel
Database Version    10.2.18-MariaDB-cll-lve
Database Collation    latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation    utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version    7.2.12
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    litespeed
GZip Enable
Folder Writable
post_max_size    128M
upload_max_filesize    256M
.htaccess enable

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

debugger

Before my problem I use a direct link:
Downloads> Data Files> External File Link (See Settings)

After saving, the file size will automatically appear

But now it does not compute the file size and shows 0B

I can download the direct link from dl.mysite.com

I think for it, but I do not know how to solve it

•  

debugger

I found that
Change dl.maysite.com to another subdomain dll.maysite.com and works fine
Idont know why! but works ;)
  •  

ColinM

hi
If the file to be downloaded is on a different main domain to the one on which jD is installed then it is not feasible in the general sense for jD to determine the actual file size (or date) so at present you need to fill in the file size when creating the Download. (or editing if size not set).  The upload code is generally the browser and it does not return thesize.Colin

Colin M
  •  

debugger

When link is direct in another domain or... JD can see the size and show that
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In general if it is an external site then jD cannot determine size as it cannot definitely get to the relevant information.  There may be cases where jD would have access tothe directory info but that is not the usual situation.  So if it is an external site jD does not attempt to see if it can find the info.It is a case of trying to give a definitive way for users that covers all situations.ColinPS maybe jD wiull try to be cleverer in a new version but...
Colin M
  •  

debugger

Yes it's clever  8)

•  

debugger

Hi
After several months working properly, today appear a problem
All of files is direct on another host and download directly by path, but when use in "External File Link" field, doesn't show size on Size field automatically after save and when an user clicks on download button, appears 0 Bytes file for download

I change name of directory same before but no work

Best Regards

Joomla! 3.9.10
jDownloads 3.2.64
Cpanel
Database Version    10.2.18-MariaDB-cll-lve
Database Collation    latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation    utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version    7.2.12
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    litespeed
GZip Enable
Folder Writable
post_max_size    128M
upload_max_filesize    256M
.htaccess enable
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD has no way of knowing the size of a file on an external site.  You need to fill  in File Size and File Date when you create/edit the Download. 
If you are creating/editting Downloads in the front-end then in the appropriate User Groups settings -'Group Creation/Editing Setting' tab you need to ensure File Size and File Date tick boxes are ticked.
ColinPS the size is just a guide for the user.
Colin M
  •  

debugger

Quote from: ColinM on 12.08.2019 14:51:44
Hi
jD has no way of knowing the size of a file on an external site.  You need to fill  in File Size and File Date when you create/edit the Download. 
If you are creating/editting Downloads in the front-end then in the appropriate User Groups settings -'Group Creation/Editing Setting' tab you need to ensure File Size and File Date tick boxes are ticked.
ColinPS the size is just a guide for the user.
Hi,

Solved fortunatly ;D

I enabled "allow_url_fopen" CheckBox on CPanel>Software>Select PHP Version>Switch to PHP Options>allow_url_fopen>On
then Calculate File Size Automatically

You can see attachment (file extension is wmv and i changed to mp4 for attachment of this post

•  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the info  - I had forgotten!I always include it in a php.ini file on web sites and have it set in my XAMPP test sites!!
Colin
Colin M
  •