News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download permission restricted

Started by paul@paulvos.eu, 13.12.2018 17:59:11

Previous topic - Next topic

paul@paulvos.eu

I have been using JDownloads for a couple of years. Lately I have an issue with newly created downloads. These are set to restricted download permission, in spite of the fact I set access to "Public". I always have to set the rights to download permitted, even though I have set that in the general settings.

What do I do wrong?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Just to recap! Access permission allows users to 'see' something.  The Permissions allow users to do something such as Download.
Somewhere it seems to me a Permision to Download has not been inherited or set.  Have you set 'Denied' permission anywhere as that has many unexpected consequences and cannot be overridden!
Are the 'troublesome' Downloads in a particular Categorty?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

paul@paulvos.eu

Thank you for your help. Indeed the permissions at category level were wrong. When I set them correctly it al works as expected. As a long time user of JDownloads I guess this feature was introduced later on.

It would have helped me if I was informed of this important change during the update  ;D
  •  

ColinM

Paul,
Glad that it is sorted out.   :)
The Permissions and Access level were introduced in the jD 2.5 series so they have been there a long time.  There are also several articles about the topic.  We do try to note the changes from release to release in the notes but ....Anyway the main thing is your site is sorted
Colin
Colin M
  •