News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

option=com_jdownloads added to download link

Started by ossi, 29.10.2018 09:52:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ossi

Hi,

my site is https://geithain.net

i just moved to another server and now I'm confronted with the following issue.

by using the jdownloads latest module the download URL shown in the browser has  "?option=com_jdownloads" added at the end. If I remove this passage I can acces the pdf file without problems. How can I avoid that this text is added to the URL or is there another way to solve this?

Using the normal download directory I get the following german Error message (my site is a german site):

Hinweis
Sie sind nicht authorisiert diesen Vorgang zu tätigen.
Sie haben versucht von einer fremden Webseite hier einen Download zu starten und dies wurde unterbunden, oder Ihr Browser übermittelt keinen 'Referrer'.

How can this be solved?

Thx in advance for the help.

•  

ColinM

Hi
With the Latest Module I get something like
<site>/index.php/component/jdownloads/download/6-february-2017/3-example-logo-stuff?Itemid=11   

Do you have a menu item, which may be in a hidden menu, 'List All Categories' ? Could you indicate on which page I can find the Latest Module

Not accepting Referrer
   In jD Config - Security tab- field 'Block when the Browser does not send a Referrer?' you can turn the ability on or off.  But it is usual for a browser to send a referrer message so something looks wrong but it is probably the server setup.  I tried your site (which is very nice) but the only Download I could find was titled Geithainer brochure with link /freizeit-kultur-tourismus/freizeit/veranstaltungen in a left hand side.  It gave no problem  but not certain it is from jD.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ossi

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

The latest module is on the start page on the left side and the link is called Amtsblatt 11/2018

Dowload directory can be found in the menu under Bürgerservice & Rathaus.

Ill check the security tab setting.

Rgds
Uwe
  •  

ossi

Hey, the security settings were blocking downloads from other websites and i deactivated this restriction. Strange though that i couldnt download from my own site either. Even adding my domains to the exceptions didn't help. Downloads are working now but still this is only a workaround.

Rgds
Uwe
  •