News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

problem after joomla update to 3.8.13

Started by nima, 22.10.2018 20:14:13

Previous topic - Next topic

nima

hi
joomla version: 3.8.13
jdownloads version: 3.2.62
PHP version: 7.2.11
Database: Mysql
Web server: Apache

after updating to joomla 3.8.13 the file size show 0KB and after click on download button no think happened. same time after a long time redirect to download link but not able to connect to server.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for info. Not had this 'challenge' before so strange!  Do not think this is a jD bug but more likely a setup problem.  Will try to help you sort this out.

• What was you previous version of Joomla?
  • Was jD 3.2.62 already in your previous version of Joomla?
  • Is your site on XAMPP or WAMP or similar?
  • Would it be possible to get access to your site?  If so please Private Message me with details by clicking on whitish square with a tail just below my name
Noticed you are using PHP 7.2.12.  Did you need to change any setting in that (I am using PHP 7.2.11 so do not think that is a problem)
Colin
Colin M
  •  

nima

hi. thanks for your reply.
1. joomla previous version: 3.8.12 and before that 3.8.11
2. yes. jD 3.2.62 already in my previous version of Joomla.
3. No. my site is online on web server.
4. sorry. Impossible for me.
noticeable after update joomla to 3.8.13 when I add a new download by enter the details and click on Save after a long time page redirect to error page.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Pretty difficult to know how to resolve without access as it is something site specific.
When you loaded the latest jD version do you remember if you used the Manage - Install or Manage- Update?
Before any of the following pllease make a site backup - just in case!
Perhaps the upgrade got interupted somehow as it sounds like that, so you could retry the jD upgrade again by Extensions - Manage - Install(not Update) - Upload Package file.
If that fails then you could try the Install from Folder method See link below for details on that method.http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-to-install-update
Another scheme is to Uninstall jD. When doing so jD will ask if you want to remove the Database and Download Files and Images. Say No to keep all of them.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

nima

hi
i did all that.
i uninstall JD and installed it again but problem unsolved.
i set download permissions for category and download on allow.
its Noteworthy my files on external server.
please see pic.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for pics.  Have you tried with files on your own server?
Also have you set the field 'Is the main file on an external web page?' to Yes? If not please try
Colin
Colin M
  •  

nima

files not on my server.
yes set it on "YES" but Nothing happened.
  •  

Arno

I suppose that in addition also something else was changed.
Please contact also your hosted for this.

You could also try to go back to the older Joomla version to check whether this was really the reason. But I don't know in the moment what was updated here exactly. Maybe have you an backup?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

nima

hi
I found Cause of problem. when I set PHP on 7.2 There is a problem but when I set PHP on 5.6 no problem.
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the hint. I will check this later today.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you tell us which version of PHP7.s please.  On my XAMPP test site I am using 7.2.10 and that seems OK.
Colin
Colin M
  •