News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Link download button only registered for 1 item

Started by jeanrocha, 06.10.2018 07:00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanrocha

I would like 1 item to be available and not display the "download" button for the public group, only for registered.

That is, if I have 5 items I will list all 5 items, but 1 of the items will not display the download button, it will clear after I authenticate.

I honestly researched a lot and did not find any tips how to do this with jdownload.

I'm grateful for your help.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will try to help but first I need to ensure I understand what you want, :)   So below is my version of what you want.

In a particular Category there are 5 Downloads.  Four of the Downloads may be downloaded by the Public and will show a Download button.  One of the Downloads will show its title but will not show a download button and thus will not be downloadable by Public.  For a Registered (logged On) user then all 5 items will show a download button and be downloadable.

Is the above interpretation correct?
If it is then it is quite possible.  The scheme uses the standadard Joomla permissions and the Joomla View Access Levels.  Briefly the Access level allows a user to see something whilst  Permission allow actions such as Create, Edit, Download.The containing Category and all the Downloads need Public view Access Level which is the probable situation now. 

Esure that the component level Permissions for Download for the Public User Group (UG) are set to Inherit. The default configuration of jD is that the Component Permissions for  Download are set to Allowed for the Public UG. Do not use Deny.

The other permissions need to be set on the Downloads themselves
The Category and the four publically downloadable Downloads need Download Permission for the Guest UG with the Public UG left at inherit.  The fifth Download needs download permission set for the Registered UG.

I have not yet tried this scheme but will check out if you confirm my understanding of the 'challenge' is correct.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jeanrocha

Thanks for answering. Your interpretation is correct.

I tried the schema that you mentioned, but it returns to the login page with the following message: You are not allowed to download the requested file.

This method you mentioned, the user should be registered in the Public and Guest Groups? I need the user when creating the account, be included in the group with download permission automatically.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will checkout the detailsYou mentioned
QuoteI need the user when creating the account, be included in the group with download permission automatically.
When you create a login account the user is automatically added to the Registered UG. So the 'restricted access' download should have permission for the Registered UG but not for the Guest UG.
Will get back soon
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The following sequence of pics should help you set up.  Note this is all stanadrd Joomla! and is not jD specific.
The following sequence of pics should help you setup what you want.  In this example I had a Category on my test site with 6 downloads. Coincidentally 5 of them had 'test' in the title. So I set those as publicly downloadable, actually Guest downloadable.  The other one with Helen in the title was restricted to ony Registered users when logged in.Pic mixed01.png shows the result when a non logged in user, ie a Guest, is looking at the Category.  I used a Single Category menu item.
The sequence mixed02.png to mixed05.png shows what you need to do for the Guest downloable Downloads.
The sequence mixed06.png to mixed09.png shows what you need to do for the Registered UG members. 08 is not included

Pic mixed10.png illustrates the inheritance rules which might confuse!!Pic mixed11.png is view seen by a logged in user.
The "secret" is in pic mixed07.png where Denied is used.  Normally I tell people to nevr use 'Denied' permission because the inheritance permissions and also that Denied cannot be overridden.  This is the first time I have needed to use Denied permission.  It is OK because the Downloads are the last item in the chain.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

jeanrocha

Hello ColinM, Thanks for the good news.

I will follow your guidelines, thank you very much, I will soon return

Congratulations on being a great professional!
  •