News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

filtering downloads in a single category

Started by amir00251, 02.10.2018 18:19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

amir00251

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible or maybe feature suggestion but I want to be able to ahve a search type box at the top of single category files in which user can dig even further and list the files in that category based on the phrase types in the search boxed. The phrase will match the title of the files in that single category and will only list those files.
If phrase was deleted, then all files in the category are displayed again.

Thanks.
  •  

amir00251

I can see that there is search Link but what I mean is about not changing the page, a quick filter at the same category.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Do you mean something like what is available in the Backend?In the Frontend and the Backend  one can select a Category, which will include the Downloads in its sub categories as well.
In the Backend there is a Search box (filter) that if say you use the search term "qwe" it will then lost all Dowloads with the text qwe somewhere in the Download title.
So if I understand correctly you are requesting the same ability in the Frontend.If that is the case then please let us know and I will relocate this thread into suggestions.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

amir00251

Hi Colin,

Yes, exactly, it is also same as windows file search in a directory. Rather than having lots of lots of tags and categories, this can help people to find the right files while they are on the page.

Thank you.
  •