News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem ERROR_DOWNLOAD_UNIQUE_ALIAS

Started by MariuszMP, 13.09.2018 14:02:14

Previous topic - Next topic

MariuszMP

He,
have a problem after upgrading to the latest version of jDownloads.
When inserting a new document an error (front) is reported: COM_JDOWNLOADS_BACKEND_ERROR_DOWNLOAD_UNIQUE_ALIAS
While in PHP error logs for Joomla, there is the entry:
[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 35786:tid 140364128171776] [client 10.10.106.1:64269] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: image_id in /home/.../public_html/.../public/components/com_jdownloads/views/form/tmpl/edit.php on line 868\n', referer: https://....edu.pl/index.php/oferta?view=form&layout=edit&catid=696

A few days ago everything worked properly.
About the system:
Joomla! 3.8.12 Stable
PHP: 7.0.26-1+0~20171129100718.10+stretch~1.gbp95da5c

I admit that I have no idea what is wrong.;-(
I ask for help in solving the problem.

Regards
Mariusz Pulkowski
  •  

Arno

Hi,
strange. The version 3.2.62 exist since more as two months and nobody has reported until today this problem. But I will check this later today.

Could you post here please a screenshot from the 'edit form' in the frontend? So I can see which fields you have selected for the creation form.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi Mariusz,
QuoteWhen inserting a new document an error (front) is reported: COM_JDOWNLOADS_BACKEND_ERROR_DOWNLOAD_UNIQUE_ALIA S
Here is only missing the language key in the language file. The correct message should be:
Another Download from this Category has the same alias. Please change it and try it again.
This happend when you use for new Download the same title as he already exist and leave the alias field empty. The solution is easy. You must only change the title or create manually another alias. You can use the (unzipped) language file below to get the correct message in the future. This should you copy via your FTP program to this folder: /language/en-GB/

QuoteWhile in PHP error logs for Joomla, there is the entry:
[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 35786:tid 140364128171776] [client 10.10.106.1:64269] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: image_id in /home/.../public_html/.../public/components/com_jdownloads/views/form/tmpl/edit.php on line 868\n', referer: https://....edu.pl/index.php/oferta?view=form&layout=edit&catid=696
This is only a very small bug and not really a problem. But also this is fixed in the next version. When you want you can also update this file on the server. Copy then the second (unzipped) file below and copy it to: /components/com_jdownloads/views/form/tmpl/

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

MariuszMP

He,
Thank you for a quick and comprehensive answer.
I admit that I have been working on jDownload for 4 years, several thousand files have passed through my hands. Now this message about the alias fooled my vigilance. Was the verification of aliases in the current version of jDownloads or is the element added in the update?

Thank you again for help.
Regards
Mariusz Pulkowski
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The Alias check is a Joomla! function carried out on all content, which includes jD Downloads and Categories.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: MariuszMP on 14.09.2018 09:28:26Was the verification of aliases in the current version of jDownloads or is the element added in the update?
This verification was added already in v3.2.57:http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/download/6-jdownloads/2-jdownloads-3-2.html#jd57
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

canoadrian

Thank you all.

I have added the EDIT.PHP file that you share with us and it has deleted the TITLE field.

You know why?

I leave you my link where the files are loaded:
https://www.midisgratis.net/ sharing

First of all, Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The report related to a much older version  (3.2.62)!  It is no longer valid and should not be used.
Which version of jD and Joomla! are you using?If you are using jD 3.9 series then update to 3.9.7.1If you are using jD 3.2 series 3.2.69

Colin
Colin M
  •