News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show jDownloads interface only to registered/privileged user groups

Started by jnk, 12.09.2018 14:46:34

Previous topic - Next topic

jnk

Hello there :)

Is there any possibility to make the view of the download module (eg. the category overview and everything related to jDownloads) only accessible for registered users?

Currently I have set Public/Guest groups to not be able to download anything, and set my categories and downloads as "Registered" only. Therefore the link to the downloads can be opened by anyone, but it is empty (which is good).

If possible though, I would prefer that clicking on "Downloads" on my navigation menu to refer to the "Joomla login view" first, so that the downloads are not possible at all to any guest (but only after the login process).

Thanks!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Obviously you have a menu item, probably List All Categories, that users click on to access jD.  Now if you make the view Access Level of that menu as Registered then it will not appear until some is Logged in.  You could put an article in place that is called by a menu item which has the title Download Intro.  The article could then explain things and you could have in ita login module such as Source Coast's 'SCLogin' module to allow registration etc by using Regular Labs 'Modules Anywhere' plugin.
jD does not have a direct link to divert users to a login page

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jnk

Thanks for your reply!

If there is no way to completely block the visibility (by following a direct link as a guest) of jDownloads, so be it :D That's gonna be ok as well.

I have actually found a way to have my menu item "Downloads" link to the Joomla login page, which is only visible for guests. The successful login then redirects to another menu item called "Downloads" (visible for registered users) which is my jDownloads - All categories page and the other "Download" menu item then gets hidden as it is visible for guests only.

Visually this is as perfect as I wanted it to be at least :)
  •