News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Content Plugin cannot be enabled

Started by tau.gi.mo, 15.08.2018 14:16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

tau.gi.mo

Hi,

I am using JDownloads 3.2.62 on Joomla 3.8.11, always when I try to activate the JDownloads content plugin, the whole page becomes unavailable with a HTTP Error 500, both frontend and backend. The only two working pages I have found were the administrator/index.php (in a plaintext version) and the extension component (where I finally could deactivate the plugin)... All the other plugins can be enabled without any problem, changing plugin order soes not help....
Anything else I could try?

Thank you
tau.gi.mo
  •  

ColinM

Hi
What you are seeing is not usual!! My test site has the same configuration as you have but I have no problem.I presume things were working before you either upgraded to Joomla! 3.8.11 or jD 3.2.62.  Is that correct?
The cause of your 'challenge' could be that you have another extension that is interfering.  Have you perhaps installed something else recently?
It could have been a faulty upgrade of jD 3.6.2 although I have never seen that. You could try uninstalling all of jD items but retain the files, database and images.  Them do another Install but first check for any 'unusual' extensions.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

tau.gi.mo

Hi, thanks for the reply...

It is a new Installation of JDownloads, I did not update anythimg since I installed it... I just changed some configuration (maybe there is the error???) and uploaded one image and was about to test it... So it newer worked on my page yet, no idea if there is anything that could affect this plugin.... But the strange thing is that just the extension-component does work

What I know surely is that it is something related to the content plugin (all other plugins of the component are activated (without 500 error))

Any way to uninstall it completely with all files and settings so I can try from scratch again?

tau.gi.mo
  •  

tau.gi.mo

I just tried uninstalling jdownloads and selected yes for all in the uninstall process, the I installed it again and it gives me the same error
  •  

tau.gi.mo

Update: Found the problem! I have JoomDownloads installed from previous testing and its sytem plugin does conflict with jDownloads, deactivated it, working now!

Thanks for the help! :)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad you sorted it out.  And thanks for info on JOOM Downloads interfering with jD plugin.
Colin
Colin M
  •