News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Frontend Upload Form ignores the Settings

Started by rspahn, 12.10.2018 11:35:17

Previous topic - Next topic

rspahn

I use JDownloads
3.2.62 on Joomla 3.8.13.  I've made several settings für the usergroup that can make Uploads in the frontend.
All is to be ignored in the frontend, no matter what i change. I tried different settings with the usergroup nothing helps.
Any Ideas?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
without any informations about what you have done exactly we can not help really.
Have you read in the documentation about user group settings? It exist many examples.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

rspahn

Hi Arno, you're right, it is difficult. Yes I read the documentation, but didn't find a solution for my Problem. I made some screenshots in the attachement, and hope it helps you to understand my problem. Thank you

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Think the problem is that you have not given UG 'Predigten' a Ranking (Stellenwert).  I suggest you set the ranking for that UG at a value of say 123.
Presently because Joomla! rightly uses 'inheritance' then UG Predigten belongs to its Parent UG, to its Grandparent UG and so on all the weay down to Public.  jD does not know which UG should be used so it uses the one with the highest ranking - UG ranking is specific to jD.
See  http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used

Incidentally I always suggest to people that the UG that is to be allowed to create/edit Downloads uses Registered as its Parent so that an uploader does have permissions to say edit or publish articles. That way you can have some members who can only upload (those in your uploader UG), those that can edit/publish Articles (users in Publisher UG) and those  that can do both by being in Publisher UG and in uploader UG.  This gives you better control of who can do what.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

rspahn

Hi Colin

Thank you very much,  you gave me the hint I needed. I changed the inheritance and set a ranking and now it works like it should.
:D
  •