News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Set as an External file

Started by Dungthanh072, 25.07.2018 05:03:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Dungthanh072

When i want to closed this option  " Is the main file on an external web page?" when add a downloads on front-end,and set Yes as default  value, how can i do this?

EDIT: Please, Please always use a meaningful title as that helps others.  Also I leave answering those that say  'please help' or similar until I have done any other query which does not just ask help to the end. If I am busy then that could cause an delay in responding.
In this instance I have changed the title.

•  

ColinM

Hi
I do not understand as the field is a simple pull down with a Yes or No possibility.  Perhaps deciding if it is an External file

Is the file in the Download in a jD Category or is it really at some other place on your site or on some other website or maybe a service like Dropbox or say a cloud device?If it is in a regular jD Category then you do not need to fill in that field.
I have attached a pic which might help. Please let me know if that solves your query.
ColinPS Just thought if your query is just about the default value then there is no way without a code change to set the default to Yes.
Colin M
  •