News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

understanding categorie template

Started by serge, 24.07.2018 09:05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

serge

hello,

I do not understand how to change the view of jdownload.
if I enter in the template (modele in french) of categorie wich is active, and change somethings in the fields ( comment some div) it does not take any effect.
I use sh404, jchoptimize, and clear the cache every time I could.
Have I miss something ?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD uses "Layouts" to control the way the Category and Download information is displayed.Please see the documentation for more informationhttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/layouts
If you have a particular 'challenge' then please explain and I will try to helpColin
Colin M
  •  

serge

thanks a lot for answerong, Colin.

well, i go in the layout which is active, I do changes , and nothing happens, even if I delete everything inside the fields.

in catégories, as in files layout.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you explain what you need in a litte more detail please, perhaps with some screen shots about what changes and so on.  I will also send you a Private Message (PM).Colin
Colin M
  •  

serge

ok
so I want, for example, to delete some buttons or override to have categorie in h1
so : I go in layouts (catégories)
choose the one who is active
and comment (or delete) the code
and nothing happens

I send you credentials by PM

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I understand much better. 
I have made you some new layout in each of Categories, Category and Files as a sort of model of what you might need.
If you use Firefox and click on inspector you can see the generated code from the comments so you know which part of which layout is responsible
Colin
Colin M
  •  

serge

Yes,  I was idiot in that case  :D
  •