News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Deleting files and Downloads

Started by thanhtrung, 21.07.2018 09:49:23

Previous topic - Next topic

thanhtrung

Hello.
I've installed JDownloads Version 2.5.9 Beta.
I'm trying to use it on my school site.
Users can upload their files in categories from frontend (see fig2). But when they delete their file from frontend (see fig3), file is deleted but the title remains visible, without the download button and with no file associated (see fig4).
In CONFIGURATION - FRONTEND I've setted REMOVE TITLE IF IT IS EMPTY to YES (see fig1).
Is it possible to delete also the title of deleted file?
Thanks,
Edit: Please, please always use a meaningful title I have changed your one  Note if title is just 'help me' then it goes to the back of the queue!!!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is not a bug so I will move to general.
Presume your site is running on Joomla! 2.5 version.
A Download consists of a lot of information such as a title, description, previews and so on together with a downloadable file.To delete the downloadable file you only need Edit permission.  If you want to you could then upload a newer version or a completely different file.The Title can also be changed by editing.  But I think you mean you want to delete the entire Download.  If that is correct then you need Delete permission.  In that case the top of the form will include a Delete button as well as the regular Save and Cancel buttons
Please asak again if you need some specific info and we will try to help
Colin
Colin M
  •